Friday, April 9, 2010

Guess Who Got A New Grill?

It's a banner day in the Purcell household. I got a new grill! It took a bit of reasoning with my husband, but once I entered the "do you want to see the beef tenderloin go up in flames like the ribs did last summer" argument (long, sad story) he had to realize it was a good idea. I must admit I had some help from the Hayes's, they have great reasoning skills!


My new baby - that I assembled right in my driveway! One side gas and one side charcoal. Perfect for the quick weeknight dinner on the gas side, and long, slow cooked meals over hot coals.

So we had to christen it the right way, thick & juicy ribeye's!


We made a rub with equal parts, kosher salt, cracked black pepper, garlic powder, ground cumin, paprika, dried oregano & a sprinkling of Hickory & Molasses Char Crust. Two steaks were salt crusted only.


Then we set the grill for direct grilling, with the coals up nice and close to the grill grate to create a nice sear on both sides. Once the steaks had a nice crust, I lowered the coals and closed the lid to let them finish cooking to a nice medium rare.


Meanwhile, we sauteed baby bella mushrooms in garlic, butter and red wine.


Time to eat! We served up a nice salad, baked potatoes that were nice and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside and topped the steaks with the sauteed mushrooms. Nice filled bellies tonight!


I KNOW your mouth is watering now, isn't it? Thanks for joining us for dinner tonight. Come back next time, we'll be cooking a Mario Batali recipe; Swordfish Involtini Sicilian Style.
Caio!
L&M

No comments:

Post a Comment